1. Name: Linnea Christine Wong
2. Age: 25 (September 18, 1984)
3. Ethnicity: Chinese (from my father’s side) and 1/4 Swedish, 1/8 Russian and 1/8 Dutch (on my mother’s side
4. Occupation and/or Company: Dancer with Toronto Dance Theatre
5. Years of experience: I am currently in my 5th season with the company.
6. VIDF performance: In 2008, the company performed Chiasmata as part of the VIDF and will be returning March 16 and 17 with a piece called Dis/(sol/ve)r in conjuction with the the Cultural Olympiad at the Vancouver Playhouse.
7. What is the highlight of your performance? Being onstage in my hometown with my fellow dancers (more than half of the company is originally from British Columbia), and opening the piece with a solo in front of all my family and friends.
8. Future goals as an Artist: I try not to think too far into the future, and, like when I’m dancing, just be in the moment. I’m happy right here, where I am right now. But I’m a very curious, almost nosy person. So, I’m interested in dance elsewhere in the world. To start, I would like to check out the Vienna International Dance Festival, and ImPulsTanz in Austria. To do what I love and see the world while I’m doing it… who could ask for anything more?!?